For my fellow Dead Heads out there, here is an interesting peek into just who might call Season 3 of ‘The Walking Dead’ their last…
As we know, no cast member of ‘The Walking Dead’ knows if, how or when their character will die. That is the true beauty of the show. The principal cast members could make a swift exit at any time.
There are only 3 episodes left of the current season and we have been taunted with a significant loss of our beloved characters since filming wrapped. So far T-Dog and Lori Grimes have succumbed to the zombie apocalypse. According to Laurie Holden who plays Andrea, “There’s going to be more major deaths before the end of the season and no one is safe.” That may be true, but she did specifically leave out one cast member…”The only person who’s really safe is Carl [Chandler Riggs]. I think we can throw Rick Grimes into that safety net too, but Holden insists that the young star won’t be meeting his end anytime soon. I know that people don’t want to hear that, but it’s true.”
As for the rest, I have my bets on who will not make it to Season 4.
1. Carl- He has youth/could be the future for the story,
2. Rick – Currently King Ding-A-Ling but still the king. I was excited to see the Ricktatorship, but disappointed to see that involves playing hide n’ seek in the woods with visions.
3. Michonne – She is a fresh welcome to soup of weak women that dominated the previous seasons. (I love Maggie, but she is serving a different/softer purpose.)
4. Daryl – His death would be a huge shocking twist, but fans would riot and I really believe AMC isn’t that stupid/ballsy
On the Precipice
5. Merle – The dynamic he brings is interesting. He and Daryl seem unstoppable and their characters are developing really well.
6. Glen – The group needs this man beyond his mad protection skills we got to see during his time at Woodbury. He is a refreshing character.
7. Maggie – She is Glen’s driving force. Without her, I think we’d have another case of the Rick Crazies.
8. Carol – For me, the only reason she hasn’t become zombie kibble is due to her “thing” with Daryl. Their attraction seems half committed and there is just no chemistry.
YOU IN DANGER GIRL!
9. Andrea – Ugh, she has been bounced around my likey no likey list over the seasons. Currently, she is firmly lodge in my DUMB BITCH IS DUMB list. She has a knack for humping “the bad guy” and making believing the Governor despite the floating walker heads and raid on the prison.
10. Beth – Other than busting out a song or two, babysitting and wiggling her assets at Carl, she has zero presence on the show.
11. Judith aka Lil’ Ass Kicker – It’s wrong to think this way, but with everyone outside fighting off a war and flesh munchers attracted to sound…how can she survive?
12. Hershel – I love this guy and want to see him around to keep Rick in check. However, how far do you think he will get in his stumped state? This is the writer in me thinking, but how many creative ways can you come up with when it comes to escaping hoards of zombies?
Overall, the Governor will die. While everyone is placing bets on who gets to pull the trigger…I vote this guy needs to meet his death by zombies. I feel like it was fun to visit the idea of the monsters within people in an extreme event like this, but the real focus of the show has turned. Instead of fearing flesh eating corpses they have become more of an annoyance, like an infestation of fleas.
Executive producer Gale Anne Hurd promised we’d get more from next season…
“We are going to amp up the threat of the walkers, because they’ve started to seem like a manageable threat. They are not a manageable threat. But, it is the people who you think you can trust who betray you, that you have to fear. It is the monster inside you. We all have them. How do we keep them in check?”
Thank the tv GODS!